|Job Title||Tax Analyst*|
|Location||Carlsbad, CA*||*Position is based out of Carlsbad, CA|
|Reports to||Director of Tax|
Tax Intern (Part-time)
Interior Logic Group is the premier collaborative network of local design and construction services partners. Interior Logic Group has quickly grown to become one of the Country’s largest design center operators and service providers of interior finished products such as flooring, cabinets, countertops and window treatments. Its three core divisions include Interior Logic Group Builder Services, Interior Logic Group Property Services and Interior Logic Group Fulfillment Services. Interior Logic Group collectively serves residential builders, commercial contractors, multifamily property owners and operators, single family rental companies and retailers, operating 225 locations across twenty-nine states.
Interior Logic Group operates homebuilder branded design studios that allow homebuilders to bring their customers to a customized facility and keep the purchasing process seamless and unified. The Company’s expert team staffs and manages these design centers on the homebuilder’s behalf, while maintaining a cohesive experience for the home buyer. In addition, Interior Logic Group provides installation services for apartment owners and operators as well as for consumer remodels via its retail relationships with The Home Depot and other retailers.
With a large network of installation teams, Interior Logic Group is able to effectively manage a significant volume of projects at any time. The Company’s installation service advantage combines industry experience and proven processes with a customer-centric approach. The Company is committed to getting projects done right the very first time and satisfying its partners at every stage – before, during and after the sale.
Growing through consolidation, most recently through its merger with Interior Specialists Inc., Interior Logic Group has quickly become a $1.5 billion company, with over 4300 employees and a presence in 42 of the top 50 home-building markets. Led by industry-veterans averaging more than 20 years of experience, Interior Logic Group’s team members value culture and work every day to ensure their workplace is “Remarkable!”
We are looking for a part-time Tax Intern to work with our Corporate Accounting team located in Carlsbad, CA.
- Ensure that sales and use tax returns are prepared and payments are processed.
- Assist with property tax compliance including gathering information for business personal property tax returns, and validating property tax bills.
- Reconcile tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist in responding to notices and information requests from taxing authorities, including audits.
- Assist with gathering information for the purpose of preparing income tax returns, and quarterly and annual income tax provisions.
- Assist with tax research for various US jurisdictions.
- Assist with the registration and renewal of business licenses and annual reports.
- Assist in documenting processes and special projects as assigned.
- Analyze and compose technical memorandum as assigned.
- Collaborate and work with your colleagues in Finance, Legal, and other Company wide departments on various projects to find solutions to tax and non-tax issues.
- Part-Time Paid Internship: 15 to 20 hours per week
- Flexible schedule – working hours Monday through Friday between 8:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with a focus in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Completion of introductory financial accounting required
- Completion of intermediate and tax accounting a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Attention to administrative detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- SAP and Vertex experience a plus but not required