|Job Title||Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst *|
|Location||Carlsbad, CA*||*Position is based out of Carlsbad, CA|
|Reports to||Corporate Controller|
Based in Irvine, CA, Interior Logic Group is the premier collaborative network of local design and construction services partners. Interior Logic Group has quickly grown to become one of the Country’s largest design center operators and service providers of interior finished products such as flooring, cabinets, countertops and window treatments. Its three core divisions include Interior Logic Group Builder Services, Interior Logic Group Property Services and Interior Logic Group Fulfillment Services. Interior Logic Group collectively serves residential builders, commercial contractors, multifamily property owners and operators, single family rental companies and retailers, operating 225 locations across twenty-nine states.
Interior Logic Group operates homebuilder branded design studios that allow homebuilders to bring their customers to a customized facility and keep the purchasing process seamless and unified. The Company’s expert team staffs and manages these design centers on the homebuilder’s behalf, while maintaining a cohesive experience for the home buyer. In addition, Interior Logic Group provides installation services for apartment owners and operators as well as for consumer remodels via its retail relationships with The Home Depot and other retailers.
With a large network of installation teams, Interior Logic Group is able to effectively manage a significant volume of projects at any time. The Company’s installation service advantage combines industry experience and proven processes with a customer-centric approach. The Company is committed to getting projects done right the very first time and satisfying its partners at every stage – before, during and after the sale.
Growing through consolidation, most recently through its merger with Interior Specialists Inc., Interior Logic Group has quickly become a $1.5 billion company, with over 4300 employees and a presence in 42 of the top 50 home-building markets. Led by industry-veterans averaging more than 20 years of experience, Interior Logic Group’s team members value culture and work every day to ensure their workplace is “Remarkable!”
This position reports to the corporate controller and will be responsible for managing the monthly consolidation and reporting for the corporate office.
Summary Job Description:
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy
- Participate in the monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Assist with coordination of the company's annual audit with the independent auditors.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP and IAS compliance.
- Support corporate controller as needed in areas such as financial reporting, technical accounting, developing and writing accounting policies and procedures and external, bank and insurance audits
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Public accounting experience 2-3 years
- CPA (prefer active status)
- 1+ years of experience in industry
- Experience in high growth environments through organic initiatives or acquisitions
- Advanced working knowledge of word, excel and powerpoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - Must be able to effectively communicate at both the lowest and highest levels in the organization
- Strong multi-tasking experience and abilities
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and work schedule to meet defined goals within peak periods
- Hands-on, detailed oriented, organized and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Technical – must have strong command of GAAP
- Collaboration – must be able to collaborate across functions and business units and balance operational needs with SOX controls and compliance
- Problem Solver – must be able to develop relevant solutions
- Action oriented and drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity - must be resourceful and persevere; can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably; must be agile
- Planning, process and time management – must be able to plan and execute objectives within budget and on time
- Integrity and trust