|Job Title||Billing Specialist*|
|Location||Aurora,CO*||*Position is based out of Aurora, CO|
|Department||Corporate Shared Service Center|
Recognize revenue and bill customers on a monthly billing cycle. Employee will be solely responsible for reviewing open orders, targeting billable items, communicating with regional sales and operations teams on any issues with orders (revenue or cost) prior to billing, reviewing margins, producing weekly reports and assisting management with audit and other projects, as assigned.
Primary Job Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Revenue Recognition: Review open orders and install schedule for orders to bill. Ensure dates are accurate and all complete orders (revenue/cost) for current month are recognized timely, by billing
- Billing: Pull POs from customer websites, or request from regional sales, and match against contracts to ensure POs are accurate, prior to billing. Maintain logs of any orders that cannot be billed due to PO/contract discrepancies
- Margin Analysis: Review margins and produce weekly low/high margin spreadsheets for regional sales team. Flag any orders that are outside normal margin thresholds for management to review
- Regional Communication: Work with the regional sales and operations teams to resolve any billing or cost discrepancies prior to month-end
- Billing Customers: Utilize external customer websites to submit billing. Mail or email invoices and lien waivers as required by customer. Notify customers of any discrepancies between POs and contracts
- Reconciliation: Assist collections team in reconciliation of accounts by reviewing aged orders to determine if balance is collectable or a billing discrepancy/error that needs to be adjusted
- Audit: Assist management with pulling backup and reviewing/verifying audited orders.
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years accounting reconciliation and/or billing experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Patience, a positive attitude and “big picture” thinking required
- SAP experience is not required, but is preferred
- Must pass work eligibility requirements.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ISI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.