|Job Title||Machine Operator*|
|Location||Aurora,CO*||*Position is based out of Aurora, CO|
|Pay Grade||$17.00- $20.00|
Manufacture customized granite, marble, Corian, and Engineered stone countertops and related products that meet customer specifications.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Examines specifications of the customer’s order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Machinery operation - must be able to maintain machinery to standards, set points, programming, adjust to various product types, and conduct preventative maintenance required.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Work typically involves detailed quality and procedural checks with a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, noise, dust, wet work areas, and fumes associated with a normal countertop manufacturing operation.
Education & Experience
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Preferred: Experience with countertop fabrication shop equipment or machinery, a plus. Machines include, but not limited to: Waterjet Saw, Edge Polishers, CNCs and various hand tools and routers/polishers.
- Preferred: Countertop experience.
- Preferred: A desire to work with your hands to produce beautiful products in a team environment
- Preferred: Granite and solid surface (Corian or similar) experience
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ISI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.