|Job Title||Countertop Fabricator*|
|Location||West Valley City, UT*||*Position is based out of West Valley City, UT|
Manufacture customized granite, marble, engineered stone countertops, and related products that meet customer specifications.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Examine specifications of the customer’s order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, the materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Using hand and pneumatic tools, fabricate tops as determined by work order specifications.
- Examines work piece visually and by touch, as well as measuring, to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Maintain tools and conduct preventative maintenance as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor.
- Work typically involves detailed quality assurance checks with a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong communication Skills (English).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Mathematical skills are required.
- A positive attitude with a dedication to high quality work and craftmanship.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, noise, dust, wet work areas, and fumes associated with a normal countertop manufacturing operation.
Education & Experience
- Must pass the Background Check
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Preferred: Experience with countertop fabrication shop equipment or machinery, a plus. Machines include, but not limited to: Waterjet Saw, Edge Polishers, CNCs and various hand tools and routers/polishers.
- Preferred: A desire to work with your hands to produce beautiful products in a team environment
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ILG is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.