|Job Title||Senior Data Engineer, Data Science & Engineering|
About Interior Logic Group
Interior Logic Group, the United States’ premier and largest provider of interiors for new homes is changing the home building industry by delivering the most powerful virtual home shopping, design, and analytics platform. Our technology engages new home buyers, accelerates option selection, drives incremental revenue, and improves homebuyer satisfaction.
Our technology, too, creates significant value for our customers and their homebuyers. We have developed an end-to-end technology platform that offers a dynamic experience from option selection through product installation. Our cutting-edge option selection tools are customized to the individual community and floor plan. Homebuyers select through our visualization technology and real-time pricing data to create a personalized, user-friendly design experience unmatched in the industry. Come join an amazing team where we are transforming the new home design industry with our innovative technology!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build reliable, distributed data pipelines and intuitive data products that allow our stakeholders to easily leverage data in an effective manner. As part of this team, you will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Presto, Flink, Kafka and others to build insightful, scalable and robust data pipelines; write jobs to aggregate data; and build high quality data models.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in distributed data processing, have great and demonstrable data intuition, and share our passion for continuously improving the ways we use data to make the ILG better.
Who you are:
- Passionate about building intuitive data models and an expert in distributed data processing patterns
- Highly proficient in at least one of Python or Java
- Comfortable with complex SQL
- Expert in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc...) on large scale data sets demonstrated through years of experience
- Understand the Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage, governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc
- Conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, RDS etc)
- Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
What you will do:
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
- Develop subject-matter expertise in the business domain at ILG
- Act as a thought partner to the business
- Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to service a wider variety of use cases
- Enable smart analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering, etc
Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field Required