|Job Title||Class A CDL Driver*|
|Location||Livermore, CA*||*Position is based out of Livermore. CA|
|Reports to||Diego Sanchez|
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Driver is to ensure all the proper materials have been packed, loaded, and delivered safely.
- Ensure proper materials, items, and equipment have been packed and loaded onto the vehicle for delivery
- Properly load and secure materials onto the vehicle in a safe manner to insure they are not damaged during the loading, transport and unloading process
- On-time delivery of all materials, equipment and products to sites on route as assigned including proper pre-trip and efficient route planning
- Inspect vehicles before each use
- Keep exterior and maintain interior cleanliness of Company trucks
- Return unused product and materials from work sites(s) and return to vendor for credit on company account
- Complete all required documents, complete vehicle inspections, obtain signatures, and submit as required
- Practice proper safety protocols and utilize proper safety equipment
- Any other field duties as assigned
- A valid class A CDL driver’s license and a current medical card required
- A clean driving record with minimum of one-year verifiable commercial driving experience is required
- Must be experienced with FMCSA, DOT, FLDOT regulations and be able to perform pre and post trip inspections on a commercial vehicle
- Electronic Log experience is preferred but not required; company will train
- Prior forklift experience preferred but not required; company will train
- Ability to handle varying routes on a daily basis including destinations as follows: Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Bradenton, Fort Myers, Ocala, and any other customers/stops in between; home base is Daytona Beach, FL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, address and resolve problem areas, conflicts and issues; strong decision-making skills
- Position requires frequent sitting, driving, standing, and walking
- Must be able to lift minimum 75 lbs with or without accommodation
- Occasional problem solving, decision making, interpreting data, and organizing is part of the position
- Reading and writing is required
- The work environment is mainly inside a commercial vehicle with potential hot and cold climate exposure depending on the season
We believe every employee should be rewarded fairly for a job well done. As an employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care. Moreover, we offer a challenging & rewarding work environment.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Our goal is to attract, develop and retain the best talent from among the broadest range of people, backgrounds and perspectives. We are building an inclusive workplace and a company culture that draws on the greatest range of our people, and we are committed to building our reputation as an employer of choice.
*Note: We utilize the E-Verify Service for confirmation of employment authorization as part of our hiring process.