|Job Title||Design Center Manager/Lead Designer*|
|Location||Thornton, CO*||*Position is based out of Thornton, CO|
|Pay Grade||$60,000- $75,000 annually|
- ILG offers a wide range of benefits including: medical, dental, vision, voluntary benefits, and 401k.
- ILG’s PTO policy includes vacation time, floating holidays, sick time, volunteer day, bereavement and jury duty.
$60,000- $75,000 annually
The Design Center Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of running their assigned design center, which includes staff selection, training and development, customer liaison and staff retention.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Meet with buyers to conduct design appointments
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the showroom including, but not limited to, monitoring buyer schedules to ensure that the team remains on track with builder volume and agreed upon expectations
- Takes appointments; meets with clients
- Attends weekly builder status meetings as required by the builder
- Responsible for the development and communication of sales metrics, reporting and auditing for both company and the customer
- Manage agreed upon deadlines and timeframes as defined in company’s scope of services
- Assist the design team in understanding all design center applications, product inventory, the homebuilder’s system and reporting, including ensuring that staff understand and are fully versed on the process of finalizing options and properly enrolling all buyer options in the design center studio applications
- Represent company at customer meetings
- Provide status reports and required metrics for the team and the customer as needed and defined by the contract
- Measures goals, manages staffing needs, attends builder meetings
- Supervises staff, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Inspires and motivates associates to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Work collaboratively with sales and account management team on new business modeling and execution
- Continues to educate design team on product knowledge through monthly meetings, arranged product knowledge opportunities with vendors and internal staff to ensure that industry product knowledge is relevant and meets the needs of the customer and home builder
- Works with the client and homebuilder to ensure operations and design installations are completed. Addresses field related issues if design center related
- Track Envision progress with division via monthly reporting submittal
- Track builder survey scores within division
- Maintain Design Center tracking tools, i.e., DC Tracker, online scheduling, etc.
- Review and ensure monthly accuracy and processing of the team’s commission reporting and payments
- Maintains positive working relationship with builders.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 year undergraduate degree in Interior Design or related field preferred
- Must be a proven leader with 5 years of design/management experience
- New home construction experience a plus
- Great customer service skills required
- Computer experience required
- Ability to work with web-based computerized design systems is required
- Must have a professional attitude and demeanor working in a design showroom environment
- Knowledgeable about innovation and trends, both in and outside of industry
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving and creative solution skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with homebuyers and trades
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Impeccable aesthetic, attention to detail and love of design
- Must pass work eligibility requirements
- Design/management with home builders: 5 years
- Interior design experience: 3-5 years
Equal Opportunity Employer
ILG is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.