|Job Title||General Manager (Countertops)*|
|Location||Charlotte, NC*||*Position is based out of Charlotte, NC (28208, RDS)|
Responsible for overseeing all countertop plant operations for a district or region. Manage a team of countertop office, field, and manufacturing plant personnel to deliver on goals.
Primary Job Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ownership of operations P&L including the composition/adherence to an operations budget and execution to that set of goals.
- Lead continuous improvements to operational core processes that deliver improved safety, quality, cost, efficiency, and/or accuracy.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships at all levels with connectivity and by delivering a consistent high-quality product, on-time and to the specifications assigned.
- Manage vendor supply chain, contractor, service provider, and other support functions to ensure consistent supply of materials and operational supply needs.
- Coordinates with outside sales and branch operations management on competitive pricing and contract bidding. Interact with senior leadership to ensure the operational priorities are aligned with region and company direction.
- Supervises the completion of complicated technical specifications, takeoffs, pricing sheets for large commercial or other projects to meet deadlines.
- Conceptualize and execute capital expenditure plans for site operational improvements as part of master strategy.
- Manages all district-wide plant work, operational strategy rollouts, budgets and goals.
- Determines operational plan with manager, General Manager and Regional Leadership.
- Consults with peers in other regions of the country and shares best practices and expertise.
- Develops and implements performance metrics and measures to assess team and individual performance levels.
- Creates processes and incentives to ensure high levels of performance.
- Develops and implements training programs and ensures commitment to long-term development of associates.
- Collaborates with customers, sales unit, operations, EHS, and HR to establish effective programs.
- Serves as escalation point for any customer issue.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline and 7+ years of experience in related field. Relevant experience can be substituted for degree.
- 4+ years managing a manufacturing operation.
- Experience leading large teams and operations to success.
- Experience with countertops or similar custom order manufacturing operations.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience.
- Strong problem solving skills
Environmental Job Requirements
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally there may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment (typically less than 50 pounds).
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ISI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.