|Job Title||Collections Associate*|
|Location||Phoenix, AZ*||*Position is based out of Phoenix, AZ|
|Department||Corporate Shared Service Center|
|Reports to||AR Manager|
This position is in North Phoenix near I-17 and I-101. We are looking for candidates in that area.
A growing company located in Phoenix AZ is seeking a Collections/Reconciliation Specialist that has heavy experience in the area of National Home Builder and customer collections/reconciliations while also having basic accounting knowledge. Although this position will carry additional roles and responsibilities, the primary role will be that of reconciling and collecting on National Home Builders and Customer accounts. Advanced excel skills and heavy accounts receivable reconciliation/auditing experience are a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciliation and extensive auditing of Accounts Receivables.
- Analyze PO’s, Pre-bills, pricing-contracts, and cash-remittances to resolve billing errors and cash-application mistakes on Accounts Receivable aging. Write-up adjustments to clear balances.
- Provide auditable backup to support any adjustments.
- Track status of reconciliation and collections for assigned customer accounts and prepare analysis for weekly corporate A/R reporting.
- Monitor and sign/submit lien-releases regularly to ensure there are no delays in cash-flow.
- Develop working relationship with customer contacts and correspond regularly on status of past-due invoices.
- Assist with month-end close and prepare various extensive excel reports.
- Accounting and clerical duties such as filing, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence.
- Prepare analysis and/or other administrative reports, review outstanding items and exceptions.
Must maintain high level of accuracy and be detail-oriented.
Ability to work independently and multi-task.
Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Accepts responsibility and maintains high level of accountability.
Consistently exercises logic and reasoning to assess and resolve problems.
Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
Maintains positive attitude and a focus on the solution, not the problem.