|Job Title||Quality Control Technician*|
|Location||Kent, WA*||*Position is based out of Kent, WA|
|Reports to||Jason Bangert|
|Additional Information||R-1312, R-1325|
|Pay Grade||$25 DOE|
About Interior Specialists, Inc.
For over 30 years, Interior Specialists, Inc. (ISI) has exemplified its company values of operational excellence, superior quality, integrity and a commitment to exceed customers’ expectations. Built on a foundation of experience and visionary leadership, ISI is the nation’s leading provider of interior design, design center management and installation services. ISI is distinguished as the nation’s largest new construction interior finishing contractor, providing a wide array of products and installation services for single-family, multi-family and commercial builders. ISI partners with select premier builders to supply and install flooring, cabinetry, countertops, window coverings and builder construction options, including appliances, and it is the only full-service provider of outsourced homebuilder design centers. ISI offers homebuyers an unparalleled option selection experience through 91 design centers nationwide.
Ensure that customers are provided with quality installations and receive 100% customer satisfaction to promote a growing customer base.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Inspect daily installs and insure that customer quality standards are met or exceeded
- Follow-up with building managers and customers to insure their satisfaction with the product installation, clean up, timeliness, and other issues that may arise
- Communicate expectations to the subcontractor and follow up to verify that job products are correct as specified, in correct quantity, and are being installed in the correct location, orientation, and according to the work order and industry standards
- Accurately measuring for floor covering and communicating the measurements
- Produce and coordinate warranty and back-charge paperwork with account managers and job coordinators
- Maintain and improve your general knowledge of industry best practices, products and procedures
- Materials pick up from vendors or warehouse and delivery to subcontractors as needed
- Conform to appropriate safety rules, procedures, safe and proper use of equipment and enforce compliance regulations
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Floor covering product knowledge and installation process or experience is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Experience with, or technical ability to, perform field measures
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment with multiple interruptions/distractions
- Reliable team player with positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Produce and maintain paperwork or logs as required
- Must pass work eligibility requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ISI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.
Click here to review the complete job description