|Job Title||Human Resources Generalist*|
|Location||Capitol Heights, MD*||*Position is based out of Capitol Heights, MD|
|Reports to||Morgan Hayes|
Position Summary: Interior Logic Group is looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our field East Region HR team. Reporting to the East Region Senior Human Resources Manager, this role will be responsible for providing the Mid-Atlantic Division support across a broad range of functional areas of Human Resources, including: , hiring, payroll, employment, recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and safety/workers’ compensation compliance.
The successful candidate will be a confident individual with a strong customer service orientation and strong communication and relationship management skills, providing clear and concise information to employees and management teams. The ideal candidate thrives in a work environment that is dynamic, fast-paced, and rapidly changing, while contributing to the development of the HR department goals, objectives and systems.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Partners with the Division & HR leadership team to understand and execute the organizations’ human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides all necessary updates to payroll and HRIS each pay period for accurate and timely processing.
- Implements HR programs by providing HR services, including employment processing, health and welfare benefits, records management, safety and health, employee relations, EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- New hire onboarding, entering new hires, terminations, and changes into benefits and payroll systems. Compiles reports from the database.
- Handles employee terminations, preparation of final checks, distribution of final paperwork.
- Coordinates various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel.
- Assists with benefits administration and enrollment, including communicating benefits information to employees.
- Assists with recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel for assigned region; including creating and posting job requisitions, conducting resume reviews and initial interviews, preparing offer letters, and coordinating new employee onboarding paperwork.
- Conducts new employee orientations.
- Assists with employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists teams in maintaining compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience with increasing responsibility, in a fast-paced, multisite organization
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (written and spoken) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State, and local employment and labor laws
- Ability to manage high volumes of work, execute flawlessly, and understand HR processes and industry practices
- Strong team player, internally with HR team and with the business leaders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to support multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills; creativity and inquisitive thinking
- Motivated self-starter with a professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and LinkedIn
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field preferred
- Workday experience is a plus
Nature and Scope
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department
- This is an exempt, full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Some travel will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool, as necessary.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.