|Job Title||Accountant II*|
|Location||Phoenix, AZ*||*Position is based out of Phoenix, AZ|
Fast growing private equity owned company seeks a hands-on detail-oriented Accountant II. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Accounting.
Summary Job Description:
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly close to include preparation of journal entries and reconciliations in accordance with GAAP and SOX
- Prepares support for bank and external auditor requests
- Provide process improvement recommendations to gain operational efficiencies resulting in cost reductions
- Support Director of Corporate Accounting as needed
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- SAP or other Tier 1 ERP system experience as a user of the system or in designing/implementing the system preferred
- Experience in high growth environments through organic initiatives or acquisitions
- Advanced working knowledge of excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - Must be able to effectively communicate at both the lowest and highest levels in the organization
- Strong multi-tasking experience and abilities
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and work schedule to meet defined goals within peak periods
- Hands-on, detailed oriented, organized and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Technical – must have strong command of GAAP
- Collaboration – must be able to collaborate across functions and business units and balance operational needs with SOX controls and compliance
- Problem Solver – must be able to develop relevant solutions
- Action oriented and drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity - must be resourceful and persevere; can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably and, in certain situations can make decisions or recommendations and act without having the total picture; must be agile
- Planning, process and time management – must be able to plan and execute objectives within budget and on time.
- Integrity and trust
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ILG is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.