|Job Title||Fleet Manager*|
|Location||Florida, FL*||*Position is based out of FLORIDA|
|Department||Environmental Health & Safety|
|Reports to||Sr Director EHS|
Responsible for assisting in the administration and supervision of a comprehensive fleet business system encompassing every aspect of preventive maintenance, procurement, record keeping and reporting for the entire range of Division fleet-related assets including: internal combustion engines, and DOT regulated vehicles.
- Ensure that established maintenance, repair and overhaul procedures are followed by the Fleet Management Company. Establish safety work rules and enforce safe work practices.
- Ensure work to be performed and completed by maintenance technicians follows the FMC guidelines. Follow up to expedite work completion. Create work procedures for maintenance activities when necessary.
- Schedule work to be performed by vendors including recalls, warranty and repairs. Define the scope of work, obtain quotations and arrange for contract services when necessary.
- Recommend equipment replacement based upon life-cycle analysis criteria including age, condition, value, cost and maintenance history.
- Provide support to Sr Director of EHS for various departmental and organizational projects. Plan and coordinate in order to input data to meet project objectives.
- Establish effective communications with user departments requiring automotive service.
- Work with the FMC to ensure all of the essential functions are carried out.
- Work with local leadership to ensure the needs of the division are meet.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- BA degree in related field but not necessary Experience in field of fleet management
- Knowledge working with a large fleet
Competencies & Skills
- Skilled in problem solving
- Anticipates and plans for events
- Enjoys taking charge
- Critically evaluates information and data
- Able to build and maintain relationships