|Job Title||Estimating Coordinator*|
|Location||Phoenix, AZ*||*Position is based out of Phoenix, AZ|
Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets. Focused on flooring estimating only (single trade group).
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Completes detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets
- Communicates with senior or lead to clarify any unusual or special material issues
- Determines accurate quantities related materials as measured from provided plan sets
- Determines if supplied materials meet local/state/federal specifications
- Identifies materials required for the construction of facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgement in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co-worker or supervisor.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Must pass work eligibility requirements.
- 0-2 years of experience in material estimating related to construction materials and/or other industry related experience
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Experience in installations of flooring preferred
- Experience in reading plan drawings and/or schematics
- SAP experience
- Experience with CAD and/or other digital drawing tools.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts or bright lights
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ILG is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.