|Location||Tacoma, WA*||*Position is based out of Puyallup, WA|
|Reports to||Jessica Sledge|
|Pay Grade||$53,000k + Commission|
The Designer is responsible for working with homeowners and builders to plan, design, and notate finish selections.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Welcome, greet, and converse with homeowners while selecting interior selections/options. Builders may have additional products that the Design Consultant must be knowledgeable about and will also review with homeowners.
• Schedule homeowners/builders for design appts using Outlook (does not apply if DC has design coordinator.)
• Sketch drawings for tile, stone designs, and elevations.
• Turn in all homeowner payments, paperwork, and drawings within required timeline.
• Complete specified home packages as requested by sales person and or project manager.
• Design and create presentation or color boards as needed.
• Maintain good communication with the sales team on all projects.
• Complete and pass all modules of the DCS training and HDS training.
• Attend all designer meetings as set by the Design Center Manager and other management requested meetings.
• Contribute to the growth of the design department by participating in design center functions. Such as, giving presentations as requested by the Design Center Manager at group meetings.
• General correspondence with clients including phone and email returned within the same business day.
• Visit model homes and or job sites as needed and note on calendar.
• Maintain a clean and orderly showroom environment; all samples should be put away following each appointment and at end of day.
• Communicate any updates of showroom product inventory to design center manager.
• Daily showroom walk through insuring lights, sound and operational equipment are in working order; any needs should be submitted to corresponding department.
• Discontinued and dropped products will need to be pulled and disposed of appropriately following notification from the Merchandising Department or Design Center Manager.
• Communication with Design Center Manager about showroom products and sample needs.
• Responsible for communicating and assisting Merchandising Department/Design Center Manager regarding pricing and labeling needs.
• Track homeowner/builder appts in design tracking log via SharePoint.
• Communicate and track all appointments from Homeowner Care or Claims Department and turn in re-selection paper work to the Homeowner Care or Claims Department for payment.
• Interfacing with vendor representatives and sales force to coordinate product knowledge meetings.
• Support Interior Logic Group initiatives.
• Sitting, typing, stooping, reaching, seeing, hearing, speaking, bending, lifting showroom samples.
• Standing for long periods of time during buyer selections.
• Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
• Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
• High School Diploma or GED; or one-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Interior Design Degree required.
• Design/sales experience, preferably in builder market.
• Sketching & drawing skills.
• Strong computer skills – must know Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors in a professional and courteous manner.
• Must be punctual and professional.
• Strong organization and time management required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee will regularly be reaching, pulling and lifting up to 15 pounds at or above shoulder height, as well as repeated lifting and or movement of up to 25 pounds.Click here to review the complete job description