|Location||Charlotte, NC*||*Position is based out of Charlotte, NC (28208)|
|Reports to||Production Manager|
GENERAL SUMMARY: Primary responsibility is to polish edge detail on stone slabs by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions, as defined by the ADA, except for those that begin with the word "May.")
- Polish and seal stone fabrications and inspect for imperfections/errors.
- Inspect all equipment and personal protective equipment before each use
- Inspect slabs for cracks, defects and insure cuts are accurate.
- Accountable for all materials used in daily routine to avoid theft/waste/loss/errors to maximize profits
- Follow all directions and process slabs appropriately to avoid additional costs associated with damage/waste/errors
- Perform product inspections upon completion to insure it has been processed according to specifications to insure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for practicing proper safety protocols and utilizing proper safety equipment.
- Attend all required training.
- Complete time card accurately for each day worked.
- Take all required breaks and lunch periods and record accurately on time card as required by law and Company policy and procedure.
- Report all injuries pursuant to law and to submit, track and maintain appropriate records.
- Know and understand all OSHA and IIPP policies and procedures in the performance of all job duties.
- Regular and predictable work attendance is an essential function of the job.
- All other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend correspondence and memos, training materials, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to utilize basic math skills to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, linear feet, yardage and square footage
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems as they arise.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Must have ability to proactively identify and address problem areas and issues.
- Must have excellent organizational skills to insure jobs are prioritized and completed in a timely manner.
- Employee must have excellent self-management skills to insure that all required daily activities are completed in a timely manner with minimal supervision
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual experience preferred but not required (English/Spanish).
Must have Forklift Certification or pass required certification program provided by the Company.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable accommodation.)
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 100+ pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.