|Job Title||Production Coordinator|
|Reports to||Branch Manager|
Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a company operation. Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures, customer/client resolutions and project management.
Primary Job Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates projects and materials according to production and shipping schedules. Establishes priorities in accordance with overall department requirements
- Provides and supports managers in administrative functions to include phone coverage, travel arrangements and reporting
- Communicates with customer regarding scheduling, status and technical issues
- Coordinates daily operations of the company or department and its various components, ensuring compliance with company, local, state, and federal policies and regulations
- Obtains and reviews documentation, plans fabrication steps, estimates labor/materials and establishes priorities with respect to capacity, master schedule and program deadlines
- Interacts with external vendors and a broad range of internal staff including supervisors, customers and fabrication personnel to obtain information needed to facilitate work planning, scheduling, prioritization, resolution of technical issues, incorporation of changes (rework) and identification of other special requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must pass work eligibility requirements.
- 5 years of experience in estimating and planning in fabrication environment
- Material resource planning and/or production control experience in a SAP environment
- Knowledge and experience in processes of warehouse operations and distribution programs.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8 - 20 pounds)
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
- No travel required.