|Job Title||Purchasing Coordinator|
|Reports to||Market VP - Texas & Oklahoma|
Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely purchase order processing. Monitor stock levels and reorder merchandise to ensure proper levels. Support sales staff to process special orders and research products for customers. Serve as primary contact for associates with product and order status questions.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Creates accurate purchase orders by verifying specifications and pricing on project and regular stock products. Submits all purchase orders created to vendors and follows up to ensure receipt
- Researches purchase order discrepancies to identify root cause and develop action items to resolve
- Verifies all requisitions have been converted to purchase orders to fulfill orders and install dates
- Enters backorders and communicates backorder status regularly with teams. Coordinates substitute items to meet customer needs and timelines
- Ensures all products are purchased within correct price guidelines and with any and all applicable discounts. Escalates pricing discrepancies found between vendor order acknowledgements
- Enters order acknowledgements and expected delivery dates from vendors on submitted orders. Handles vendor returns, aged inventory and cancelled orders. Coordinates resolution on issues with suppliers such as over or under orders
- Assists with training new and existing associates. May work on more complex or challenging accounts
- May work with customers on claims processing to recover material and/or labor cost on defective items
Education & Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility
- SAP experience is not required, but is preferred
- Familiarity with vendor systems and ordering processes
- Must pass work eligibility requirements
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ISI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.