|Job Title||Accounts Receivable Specialist|
|Department||Corporate Shared Service Center|
We are seeking Accounts Receivable Specialist that has heavy experience in the area of National Home Builder collections and account reconciliation with general accounting knowledge. The primary role of the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be reconciling and collecting on National Home Builders customer accounts. Intermediate excel skills and heavy accounts receivable reconciliation/auditing experience are a must.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Reconciliation and extensive auditing of accounts receivables
- Analyze PO’s, pre-bills, pricing-contracts, and cash-remittances to resolve billing errors and cash-application mistakes that leave residual balances on A/R aging. Write-up adjustments to clear balances
- Provide auditable backup to support any adjustments
- Track status of reconciliation and collections for assigned customer accounts and prepare analysis for weekly corporate A/R reporting
- Monitor and sign/submit lien-releases regularly to ensure there are no delays in cash-flow
- Develop working relationship with customer contacts and correspond regularly on status of past-due invoices
- Assist with month-end close and prepare various extensive excel reports that indicate the status of each past-due invoices
- Accounting and clerical duties such as filing, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence
- Prepare analysis and/or other administrative reports, review outstanding items and exceptions
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain high level of accuracy and be detail-oriented.
Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Accepts responsibility and maintains high level of accountability
Consistently exercises logic and reasoning to assess and resolve problems
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Maintains positive attitude and a focus on the solution, not the problem
Education & Experience
- 2+ years collections/reconciliation/auditing experience
- 2+ years general accounting experience
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Commercial collections / reconciliation experience; additional experience in general accounting
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- 2-5 years of collections, cash, accounts receivable, and reconciliation experience
- Strong problem-solving abilities, mathematical knowledge, and reasoning skills
- Extensive experience in investigative reconciliation or accounts receivable auditing
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to problem solve issues time
- Detail oriented, reliable, motivated, self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as work independently
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ISI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.