|Job Title||Design Center Consultant|
|Location||Prescott, AZ - Montezuma|
Based in Irvine, CA, Interior Logic Group (www.interiorlogicgroup.com) is the premier collaborative network of local design and construction services partners. Interior Logic Group has quickly grown to become one of the Country’s largest design center operators and service providers of interior finished products such as flooring, cabinets, countertops and window treatments. Its three core divisions include Interior Logic Group Builder Services, Interior Logic Group Property Services and Interior Logic Group Fulfillment Services. Interior Logic Group collectively serves residential builders, commercial contractors, multifamily property owners and operators, single family rental companies and retailers, operating 225 locations across twenty-nine states.
Interior Logic Group operates homebuilder branded design studios that allow homebuilders to bring their customers to a customized facility and keep the purchasing process seamless and unified. The Company’s expert team staffs and manages these design centers on the homebuilder’s behalf, while maintaining a cohesive experience for the home buyer. In addition, Interior Logic Group provides installation services for apartment owners and operators as well as for consumer remodels via its retail relationships with The Home Depot and other retailers.
With a large network of installation teams, Interior Logic Group is able to effectively manage a significant volume of projects at any time. The Company’s installation service advantage combines industry experience and proven processes with a customer-centric approach. The Company is committed to getting projects done right the very first time and satisfying its partners at every stage – before, during and after the sale.
Growing through consolidation, most recently through its merger with Interior Specialists Inc., Interior Logic Group has quickly become a $1.5 billion company, with over 4300 employees and a presence in 42 of the top 50 home-building markets. Led by industry-veterans averaging more than 20 years of experience, Interior Logic Group’s team members value culture and work every day to ensure their workplace is “Remarkable!”
Design consultants will work with new homebuyers in selecting their interior finishes for their new home. This is an exciting experience for our clients but can also be a little overwhelming. As such, the design consultant is responsible for creating a positive, welcoming and innovative experience for the homebuyers. The design consultant will work with the homebuyers in assisting them with the color selections and options for interior finishes of the home. Flooring, cabinetry, countertops, plumbing, lighting, appliances, etc.
Must have excellent interpersonal/communication skills, detail-oriented, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook). Interior Design degree a plus, but not required.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assess homebuyer(s) needs, preferences, and expectations regarding their lifestyle and specific products for their new home
- Advise homebuyer(s) on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and color coordination
- Ensure that homebuyer(s) is aware of all options available for product upgrades
- Provide complete product information detailing performance, durability, and maintenance of homebuyer(s) selections
- Accurately record product selections using established department procedures, systems, and practices
- Assists in resolving homebuyer(s) problems and/or concerns
- Supports all design center and homebuilder processes
- Is knowledgeable and able to communicate the design center experience and the overall new home buying experience
- Will be working closely with sales counselors at all communities…building relationships
- Learn and is knowledgeable about all products in the showroom – attend all Product Knowledge (“PK') training
- Learn and is knowledgeable about all communities
- Adhere to and manage builder time frames for lot file submission
- Conduct browse appointments when necessary
- Required Sales metrics management and average sales numbers are met
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds)
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- May require evening and/or weekend hours
Education & Experience
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Must pass work eligibility requirements.
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline.
- Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Interior Design Degree a plus, but not required.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ILG is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. The Company will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and associates and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and associates depending upon individual circumstances.
This commitment to EEO extends not only to associates of The Company but also to independent contractors, trainees, apprentices, or any participant in a program to provide unpaid experience in the workplace or our business. This commitment extends to all areas of personnel actions, including but not limited to advertising, recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, transfer, work assignments, accommodation requests, requests for leave, compensation, benefits, disciplinary actions, layoffs, discharges, terminations, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.